Monday, June 20, 2011

A Day Off, A Door Closed, and Dulce De Leche.

Today was a post-race day off from working out.  I had to arrange to move my belongings into a storage unit and turn the trailer over to my new old boss.  We had to get all the work done before she got on a plane and they were to cheap to hire professionals.  They wanted me to find friends to do the heavy lifting, short notice.  I called everyone but that was not happening.  MAYBE because normal people do not need to move on such short notice (like "Hi, can you come in 30 mins?")  Oh, I am so bitter.

Afterwards, I was feeling so sorry for myself that I caved in while shopping and bought two of the mini servings of Dulce De Leche ice cream.  (Ok, Ok, I got a bunch of salad and good stuff too!!!)  I got home and promptly ate it. 

Did I mention that I had been suspicious of my ability to tolerate dairy and sugar so had cut them out of my diet?  I did it as an experiment.  Experiment successful.  I may as well have ingested arsenic.  I spent the rest of the afternoon sick as a dog.

Perhaps the next time I am feeling sorry for myself, I will book a massage. 

Ugh!!

No comments:

Post a Comment