Thursday, May 16, 2013

Someday I Will Learn...

I am very short on time tonight but it occurs to me that I can't leave that last post hanging out there without some sort of follow-up.

As you know....

I ran.
I cried.
I wanted to quit.

What you don't know...

I slept.
I woke up.
I got a grip.

Other important details...

I got sick the next day.

Why is this important?  Because it most likely was a contributor to the meltdown.  I was carrying a wagon load of fatigue but also fighting a virus.  At first, I thought it was some kind of food poisoning but as it turns out, everyone has had it.  I actually made it through faster than most which is probably due to the fact that I take care of myself.

Someday I will learn that those really tragic workouts are a symptom of something that has gone wrong, not a baseline for how much I suck.  They are actually a valuable tool for telling me when I need to hunker down and be kind to my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment