Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Grateful For A Good Day

Today was a good day.  I woke up feeling like I was getting sick again and thought the day would be a washout.  But as the morning wore on I felt better and ended up going for a nice ride with an old friend.  I definitely felt as though the pace was off a little from the last time I rode with him but if it was, who cares!  I was on the bike and did not feel like dying!  I got to work on my bike tan (sexy, let me tell you) and ended the day by going to dinner with another friend.  This was also very cathartic.

Right now, I feel OK.  I feel mellow and pleasantly satisfied.  I don't feel overwhelmed, isolated, stressed out, or under any kind of pressure.  I have a light night at work tonight, which while that creates financial pressure at this time of the year, it also allows me to physically relax.  This is something I kind of need right now.  I didn't realize how much until I had it.

It is week three and so I am almost a quarter of the way through this run of horse shows.  It has been just over seven weeks since I have been home and I have seven more in FL followed by three in Houston.  I have been craving Austin lately, though I don't know that there is any particular thing that I miss.  More that I miss being in the place where I am trying to make a life.  While I am away, I cannot develop my life in Texas, or my business there, and it feels like the whole world is moving while I am standing still.  It's a little like looking at your life through a pane of glass.

I am not complaining, simply musing.  I don't have anything to complain about today.  I am where I am and it is what it is.  I am a little tired both from not being well lately, and being very worried about that fact.  That is all.  I know that if I don't do anything stupid, make any adjustments that I need to as my body gives me feedback, and keep putting one foot in front of the other, time will pass and so will this rough patch.

The important thing is that I am in a better place than I was yesterday, physically and, consequently, mentally.

Relief.

Gratitude.

Relaxation.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are feeling better! Let me know when you are in Houston! Send me an email and maybe we can meet for a beautiful gluten free cup of tea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure!! Houston is kind of a second home since I am there so often. I spend probably about three months a year there and tea is always on the menu!

      Delete