Sunday, February 5, 2012

Back In The Land Of The Living

Well, I am finally feeling back to my old self again.  I just met friends in downtown West Palm Beach, not far from where I used to live.  That was a little surreal.  After the way it all came to an end last May and June, I guess that is to be expected.  Anyhow, the game was FANTASTIC!!  The Giants pulled off an impressive come-back victory.  Even for someone who can barely follow the score, it was exciting.

I believe tomorrow DW will start me back into my regular program.  I am alternating between being pretty fired up to work and being a little apprehensive over all of the bumps in the road so far this year.  I have felt like I haven't been able to find my feet.  Of course, that is partly because I have been weathering a storm of upheaval and change in my life for about 14 months now.  While I have gotten to a point where I have almost forgotten what it feels like to sail in calm waters, I think that my body and mind are exhausted.  I keep saying it and yet I keep succumbing to the belief that I should feel strong and resilient.  That is not the case.  I should feel exactly how I am feeling right now.

I know the last year has been hard but I also realize that I have evolved as a human being.  I cannot measure everything in my life by my stagnated athletic performance (and it's not really stagnant, I have just had quite a few setbacks).  I was reading through some of my older posts and remembering where I was, who I was, when I wrote them.  The last year has been tough but I am a much stronger, empathetic, less material, more mature, and more respectful of my body and mind.

I keep reminding myself that the best way to go forward is to keep putting one foot in front of the other.

I saw this today and wanted to share it with you...


I am grateful for the life I have and realize that there is a lot more depth to human courage than I have had to draw upon in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment