Tuesday, October 30, 2012

When Stopping Is Progress

I am facing some really tough decisions right now.  None of them are cut and dry.  None of them are easy.  None of them are anything but shades of grey.  I hate decisions like that.  That's really as specific as I can get tonight.  I just wanted to whine about it.

Yesterday was the Frankenworkout.  I ran 15 mins, then did a nice long weights session, followed by a swim.  The total workout time was completely respectable, though I cut the swim short at 1200 yds when my shoulder started complaining.  It felt awesome to get a good solid, endorphin producing workout done.  In fact, today I am sore and love it!

Today I just did a short swim.  Really short.  As in blink and you missed it short.  1500 sad, sorry little yards.  I had planned to do 600 wu (200 swim, 100 kick, 100 pull, 200 swim), 10x100 at lively pace (nothing specific these days, just focusing on turnover, catch, and reducing dead spots), 500 swim/cool down.  I made it to the 8th 100 and my shoulder started to hurt so I threw in 50 with a kick board to rest my shoulder, then tried to resume but after another 50 I knew it was time to throw in the towel.  You know what I did?  I stopped.  That may be progress unto itself.

hardest thing to do sometimes



Live to fight another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment