Monday, May 2, 2011

Today is a new day.

I woke up this morning to be reminded that while I lounged in a little cloud of self-absorbtion, the world marched on. 

Osama Bin Laden is dead.  There was dancing in the streets.  The nation celebrated.  Facebook, the media, and the rest of the internet was on fire with the news.

Yeah... I missed that entirely.  Oops.

Still, it reminds me of two very important points.

1.)  My life is small in the grand scheme of things. 

If I do not look after myself, I will get swept away like "just another grain of dust".  No one really cares if I am successful, happy, healthy, etc. but me.  I am the only one that will benefit from tending that garden, so I am its sole proprietor.

2.)  Life marches on. 

If I spend it hiding or procrastinating, dreaming or sleeping, I will miss it.  Everyday not utilized in the pursuit of my goals is lost forever and the window of opportunity for even trying is always closing.  Even if today is not perfect, it should never be wasted... only savored as a unique moment in time.

Turn the lens outward.

-Duckie

No comments:

Post a Comment